There are currently no results for this search.
Also in this section
- * Non-English Language Materials
- All materials on this site that are written in or have been translated into non-English languages, including Arabic, Haitian Creole, Gujarati, Hindi, Spanish, and Russian. More translations will be coming soon.
- * Breaking Barriers: A Complete Guide to Legal Rights and Resources for Battered Immigrants
- Breaking Barriers is a comprehensive tool that provides information that will be useful to advocates, attorneys, justice, and social services professionals working with and assisting immigrant survivors of domestic and family violence. This Manual provides a detailed overview explanation of immigrant survivors’ legal rights under immigration, family, public benefits, and criminal laws and their rights to access a broad range of victim services without regard to immigration status of the immigrant crime victim or their children. Breaking Barriers provides social science research findings, information about laws, policies and best practices, legislative history, tools and checklists that will help professionals working with immigrant survivors navigate intersecting legal and social services options that are legally available to assist all immigrant victims including those who are undocumented.
- * Empowering Survivors: Legal Rights of Immigrant Victims of Sexual Assault
- Empowering Survivors is a comprehensive tool that provides information that will be useful to advocates, attorneys, justice, and social services professionals working with and assisting immigrant survivors of sexual assault. This Manual will help advocates and professionals expand their knowledge and capacity to aid immigrant victims of sexual assault in accessing justice under federal and state civil, immigration, public benefits, social services, language access legal services and criminal laws in the United States. The goal is to help to provide resources, assistance and support to help immigrant victims of sexual violence and sexual harassment recover, heal and rebuild their lives. The chapters and tools included in this Manual may also be useful to advocates, attorneys, and social services professionals working with immigrant victims of domestic violence, stalking and human trafficking.
- * Somewhere to Turn
- Cultural competency manual for domestic violence shelters. Includes information about model programs.
- * Facilitating Access to TANF for Battered Immigrants: Pilot Training Manual for TANF Eligibility Workers
- * Evidence Checklists
- Checklists of evidence for various immigration benefits needs.
- * Funding Effective Program Services
- This monograph is designed to help Violence Against Women Act STOP Grant administrators expand services to projects that serve immigrant victims of family violence. Specifically, it will focus on factors administrators should examine to determine how effective a program will be in serving a targeted, immigrant population. It will provide guidelines to distinguish between programs that claim to be open to immigrants and those that have established true and trusting relationships with immigrant communities.
- * Public Benefits Tool Kit
- This comprehensive, practical tool kit on access to public benefits for immigrant crime victims incorporates many materials, including a number of state-by-state charts that examine the differences between public benefits access across the country.